Tuesday, December 8, 2009

'Tis the Season....

.....But you sure wouldn't know it to look at my home. We still have little wooden pumpkins and scarecrows adorning the manor. Aw, gimme a break. I've been really busy.

This week, it will change.

We did, however, have a big Thanksgiving.

We cooked two turkeys plus two turkey breasts, ham, and a bunch of deer meat. A plate of turkey and 1/2 the ham was left. We have some big eaters. Yes, we had allllll kinds of fixin's. I practically wore out my America's Test Kitchen cookbooks.

Dad and Nathan getting a turkey out of the oil-less turkey fryer...yum!:

Hubby's parents were blessed ten years ago with four granddaughters in six months. My, how they have grown:

My dad, a renowned (well, in our area anyway) pianist asked the kids to play. Thing 1 played a song he composed, and here you see Thing 2 preparing to play one of her songs from lessons:

The Big Boy played "Moonlight Sonata". There sure are a lot of notes on those pages. They didn't play perfectly, but it was good enough to make Grandpa tear up a bit.


Last weekend I finally put away all the dishes. Now, we can move on to Christmas. I just have to convince myself that it's worth it this late in the season.......

No comments: