Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Decorating? Fun? Gasp!

We have, for a few months now, been in a redecorating mode. The painting is almost done, and we have been getting wall decor done. Last fall, my friends, April and Deanna of Drawn By Light Photography took amazing pictures of the kids. I'm in danger of making the place a shrine, I have so many of the pictures around now. We had one series done in black and white with just a green chair and it is The. Coolest. Picture. Ever.



You can't really tell. You just have to see it in person. Anyhoo, this is how it looks on the wall:



Honestly, though, there are pictures of the kids everywhere, and they are soooo good.

The other source for wall art in my home is my brother. He is a gifted amature (that means it isn't his real job) photographer. I have some prints coming, some I'm framing, and then there is this one that I especially love:



We had a split canvas made of this one. Isn't it beauuuuuutiful????

This decorating thing can, in fact, be fun. That was news to me. I could do it for a living! Not!

No comments: