Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jumpin' Into Christmas

I didn't go bargain shopping on Black Friday for two reasons: The first is that I really don't know what I need to buy, and the second is that I would have bought anyway. We had a TV that crashed so we did get a replacement for that in an online sale. After placing the order online, we just ran by the store and picked it up. Easy!

So, we spent our Friday at Hubby's grandmother's house, raking and burning leaves, and helping her prepare for winter. Although I wanted to spend the day at home cleaning and preparing for Christmas, how much better I felt about helping such a wonderful lady. Of course, I would have helped even if she wasn't wonderful....

Today, we spent almost all day just decorating our front porch. In retrospect, that is crazy.

These are dark (I'll try to get some in the daylight) but here is the result:



I really love these lights




I know you can't tell anything on the pics, but Holly, Annie, and I had a ball, even down to the smallest detail, putting red berries in the wreath and tree.

We have hauled all the decorations out of storage and right now my living room looks like someone set a bomb off in it. Hubby is bringing pizza home so I've gotta get at it. We're jumping into Christmas!

No comments: