Monday, November 24, 2008

My Munchkins

I am proud to be a mom of four children. Each of them are so different and wonderful. I'd like for you to meet them.

My oldest, Travis, is 18, a senior at our local public school, and is applying to colleges to become a premed student. I will give you fair warning: As a childhood challenge, Trav is now a source of great pride for his mom. (You may expect too much bragging.) He is also the one person who sets me off quicker than any other. (You probably won't hear about those times. )
He works at a local bbq place, sings, plays some great baseball, and volunteers at the hospital and as a peer tutor. Who couldn't love a guy like him? He is pictured here with his sister, Holly.

Holly is frightenly near 16 and a sophomore at our local public school. She is beautiful in every way, inside and out. She is one of the too good to be true girls. Although one wouldn't consider her in the "popular" crowd at school, she loves and is loved by a lot of folks, from very teeny people up to senior adults. She is active in our church in several programs, especially the youth program. Her grades are proof of her hard work in school, and I think I might cry without her hard work at home.


Next, you must meet Thing 1, a.k.a., Nathan. Nathan is sharp, his mind always racing, figuring things out, thinking up stories and jokes, and .... figuring out the best way to play video games without Mom knowing. His partner in crime, Thing 2, a.k.a., Annie does her best to be the boss because she is bigger, but Andy has a mind of his own. Annie loves puppies and everything pink, and she is a big help at home, especially in the kitchen.

Nathan and Annie are homeschooled in 5th and 4th grades, respectively. They love being homeschooled and are, for the most part, fun to teach. It is the other 20 hours a day that they make me nuts. They are both high energy and stay busy participating in a homeschool jumprope program, piano, guitar, soccer, and church activities. Andy also does baseball and basketball.
These four are blessings greater than anything I could ever have imagined and I am thankful beyond measure for them.

No comments: