Friday, February 13, 2009

It's a Plot

It has been awhile, but I remember it like it was yesterday. Staci wrote about appliance rebellion. I have further proof her story is accurate.

I'm not sure how, but I am convinced my dishwasher heard about me replacing my washer and dryer. Whether it overheard conversations (which would suggest appliances have some sort of hearing device akin to our ears), or if somehow it picked up from the laptop (perhaps some sort of satellite communication?)the number of times "Washer Ratings" was entered into the search engines, it knew. And it decided to revolt.

The dishwasher is pretty new. In fact, it is almost exactly 1 year and 3 months new. It was enough that there was some issue about whether it fell under warranty or the extended service protection plan that I am now sooooo happy I added at the last minute. The ESP won out, so eight phone calls and five trips through online forms later, a service tech is scheduled to come. Next week. I'm already on my fourth sink full of dishes to wash today. I'm seeing a serious purchase of paper plates and cups coming.

Oh, but that is not all the evidence I have. My car got wind of the coup and decided to join. Last night as we exited the car, Nathan investigated a hissing sound...it was the melody of a tire going flat. Quickly we drove it to the tire place, which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away, getting there before the flat was too far gone. Okay, I know a car isn't an appliance, per se, but you will not convince me this is coincidence.

So, today, I am without a car and a dishwasher. But that's okay. I get to stay home allllll day. What a blessing! And I can wash dishes allllll day, which is the perfect reason not to accomplish something more meaningful. Some days, I just need to be mindless. Maybe I can turn on House and do some baking to dirty up more dishes.....but only after I lovingly speak to my fridge and range to make sure they don't turn on me, too.

No comments: