Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Speedy Little Devils

A good friend gave me a cookbook called, "Friends on a Mission". The proceeds from this cookbook go to the American Cancer Society.

The first recipe I made from it, my family devoured quickly. Then, I made it again, with a slight modification, and once again, they devoured it. Anything with chocolate and peanut butter is a hit here, but this exceeded any expectations. Give it a try!

Speedy Little Devils

1 devil's food cake mix (I have used choc fudge and german choc....all choc is good as far as I'm concerned)
1 stick butter/marg, melted

Mix together with a fork. Reserve 1/2 C crumbs for the top. Pack remaining crumb mixture in an ungreased 9x13 pan.

Stir:
3/4 C creamy peanut butter
1 jar marshmallow creme

Spread over packed crumbs. Wet fingertips to spread evenly. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over the top. Bake 350 degrees for 20 mins. Cool and cut into squares.

Variation:

Add:

Mix 1 pkg cream cheese, 1/2 C sugar (something like that) and 1 egg. Spread on packed crumbs. Spread peanut butter mixture on top. Bake about the same.

I kept it refrigerated when I did this...it was really good, too....

Enjoy!

No comments: