Friday, June 26, 2009

The GPS is my Friend

The GPS is my neeewww friend, and I call him Chase, and I hug him and squeeze him, and when he is bad, I threaten to throw him out the window.

I've always been a map kind of gal. I like pictures, to be sure. Pictures are good.

On our recent road trip, The Big Boy and I threw caution to the wind and didn't even visit an online mapping tool before we left. We took the GPS.

Along the way, we played with the GPS, trying various accents, etc. Right after the purchase, we set her on a British lady. On this trip, however, we changed it. We really like the voice of the Aussie male. He sounds just like Chase, from House.

There were a few times when Chase made me really, really mad. I yelled at him and told him to straighten up or he is going OUT THE WINDOW!

Other times, I could have kissed him.

Then, when I knew where I was, and to where I was headed, I didn't need his sweet voice chiming over and over, "Recalculating", so I told him, "Honey, you can be quiet now...I know where I am." That sent The Big Boy over the edge, laughing at me.

So, I'm still a map kind of gal. When Chase took me all over the countryside, on county roads in counties I didn't even know existed, I'm not sure that was really the best way. Chase, however, has a new spot in my heart, and I really like him a lot and I hope we travel many miles together.

Someday, I may just introduce him to my friend, J's, GPS. Her name is Athena.

No comments: