Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas in Washington

Last night we were able to catch most of "Christmas in Washington". I always avoided shows like that thinking they would be boring. My husband said, sit down and watch this! It's really good! So, thanks to the DVR, he rewound to the beginning of where he started watching and who filled the screen? One of my verrry favorite groups, Casting Crowns! They were singing what I think is my favorite song off their Christmas CD, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day". It is not even a different rendition of the traditional carol, it is completely different and I love it! In fact, I'm lobbying for my husband to sing it this season at church. He would definitely do it justice.

Several wonderfully talented people sang, but the next time I felt like jumping up and down was when Straight No Chaser came on. If you love a bunch of handsome men singing acapella harmony, check these guys out! They are You Tube sensations and that is where I first saw them. Because my son loves to sing music like this, we have all become huge fans. They have released a Christmas CD called Holiday Spirits, which I promptly put into my Amazon cart! For a taste of what we watched last night, listen to them singing "Carol of the Bells" on YouTube.

No comments: