Thursday, December 18, 2008

What kind of idiot does this?

This year is the first time I get to have my family's Christmas dinner at MY HOUSE! I'm am beside myself with excitement. Now, as I may have said a time or four, when I was little, there were six of us. My mom, dad and their four children. So, when I started counting for dinner.....I kinda lost track after 35 or 36 or 37....and I don't want to start again.

Dinner is Saturday evening. I'm just giddy about seeing all my nieces and nephews again! I am following in the path of some of the most amazing hostesses I've ever been allowed to know...my mom, my dad's wife, and my sister. Those are some humongous shoes to fill. No stress there. So far, just giddiness!

So, I decided I just couldn't do it all unless I started a remodeling project. I will have before and after pics when I get time. For now, just know, that although not completely finished, today is my first day without painters here in awhile. Please understand, these painter-ladies are some fine Christian friends whom I love dearly, but I was glad to see their painter stuff go and be able to start putting Christmas decorations back up and putting furniture back again...you know, today is Thursday. The dinner is Saturday.

What kind of idiot starts a remodeling project at a time like this? Well, apparently this kind of idiot. Let me tell you, the house is looking sooooo much more "me". I told a friend I feel more relaxed and cozy than I have since we moved here. I just like....color.

Nathan's Room:

The living area and stairs:


And check out Annie's pink and black room:

The paint is too fresh to hang pics, so that will be...Saturday?

So, I'm plugging along on the lists. I have lists like, "To do this week", "To do Thursday/Friday/Saturday" (3 lists), dishes needed, shopping list, and the, ahem, list goes on. Then, yesterday, the washer quit. My laundry room is piled so high, I'm not sure how a repairman can swim through it. I'm debating on letting him try as to accentuate the NEED here, or get it all out so he will like me better. Ok, NOW I'm getting just a wee bit stressed. But hey, the tables linens are clean, so I'm still good.

Today I tackle the Thursday list. Oh, and I PROMISED to take Annie shopping for Christmas. Now THAT girl is stressed. I'm still just really excited.

Another upcoming post: Sunday is a very wonderful and special day!

No comments: