Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Women Undervalued

I read two articles today on Fox News that made me sad for the way women are incredibly undervalued. In the first article, a woman completely underestimates her worth. She also underestimates her value to her future spouse. It is incredible irony, too, that despite the millions she will potentially collect for her actions, she is basically just cheap.

In the second article, a very young lady has an even more tragic story in that she is being told she is worthless by her own father. Well, she is being made to believe she is worth $16,000, some beer and some meat. After this, will she ever be able to believe she is worth so much more? Will she ever realize she is priceless?

How thankful I am to have a Savior who values me so much he layed down his life on my behalf. It is so hard for me to see value in myself. I can't imagine that the minimal value I do see could overcome the challenges set forth in these women's lives. They so desperately need Jesus and to know their worth in His eyes. Join me in praying for them.

No comments: