Monday, May 11, 2009

That Was a Wild Ride!

Last weekend was, to say the least, a wild ride. We started with a big storm, winds a gazillion mph (I heard 80 was possible, but didn't see that here....Friends did, though). Unlike our friends, our worst damage was a hunk of siding from the construction project across the street that now resides in our front yard. I was at Walmart when it hit. Suffice it to say the water in the lot was ankle deep and I was completely drenched before I got the two carts unloaded and into the car. On to birthday prep!

With my sweet friend, D's help, we cleaned, decorated and made a cake. When everyone arrived, we went to the pottery place to paint our ceramic projects, then met the family for pizza. We came home and the girls played, then we had cake and ice cream floats...yum! I gained every bit of six pounds this weekend. It was sooo good, you see! The girls stayed up until about 5:30, but I only lasted until 1:30.

Up at seven, preparing for the day and the first pickups...we had eggs and chocolate chip pancakes. As they left, I started preparing for prom. Trav ran errands in town for me, and I gathered items needed for a dinner at a friends' house. Once he was dressed and out the door, I finished pulling weeds and changed to help at the dinner. My friend, J, served her son and seven of his friends dinner before prom. It was so lovely and she went all out. When I came home, I brought supper for my crew and got them to bed. I sat down to watch tv and fell asleep way sooner than anticipated. Hubby woke me up to go to bed, but once I got changed and washed up, I was completely awake. Trav was still out, so I grabbed my knitting to watch House and wait for him. He came in about 1 with friends in tow, so I stayed up until 3, when I finally realized they would, no matter what, outlast me.

The best thing about Mothers Day is that it was low-key. We went to church, did some quick errands then shopped and shopped for flowers. The big kids had a rehearsal for a concert. After getting home, the girls and I put out 15 pots of flowers plus some. Hubby and Nathan rode the motorcycle to visit the grandmas and take them their gifts. Trav had baseball practice, then we grilled and had the WHOLE family at home at one time for supper. Now that was a happy Mother's day. All my blessings, all together.

Today we hit the ground running again, in prep for Pop Concert and graduation. It is a beautiful day, so I'm hoping I can manage to find a way to do graduation announcements outside. If you get one with some dirt smudges, you'll know what happened.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.