Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dreamin'

In the chaos of packing for college, licensing vehicles, repairing vehicles and motorcycles, and preparing for school to start, something special happened. We finalized the purchase of a parcel of land. It is a beautiful spot, full of woods, trees, birds, poison ivy, ticks, snakes....but I digress. It really is beautiful. Our hope is that we can build there in a few years.

We have been looking at floor plans, scouring home magazines and tearing them apart to file in the "Ooooh, that's pretty! I like that!" file. I have a lot of dream homes, but a home must fit the surroundings. My dream beach home, for instance, would look silly in the mountains. Some styles I really love, but they would only fit in a metro area. So this home must fit in the woods. I'm thinking the Three Bears meets HGTV...or something like that. Thankfully, Hubby and I think alike in style and decor, and I have plenty of time to sort it out and think it through.

So, at night, God and I talk about this home. I want it to be a place where He is glorified, above all. It should be a haven, of sorts, where people always feel welcome. Then, I drift off to sleep imagining the possibilities.....

No comments: